This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Calling all outdoor adventurers, nature lovers, and camping enthusiasts!
Add an extra dose of fun and excitement to your outdoor escapades with our campfire questions.
We all know that camping is about more than just pitching a tent and roasting marshmallows (although those are pretty awesome too!).
It’s a chance to break free from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, reconnect with nature, and create memories that will warm your heart for years to come.
That’s why we’re giving you topics that will keep the bonfire banter alive and kicking.
From questions about outdoor experiences to hilarious scenarios, our camping questions are designed to unleash your inner storyteller and get everyone engaged in one of the most entertaining things to do around a campfire.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your camping gear, gather around the fire, make some ‘smores, and let the conversation flow.
Campfire Questions About Camping
Dive straight into your campfire conversations with topics about…you guessed it- camping!
From equipment and camping food to unforgettable experiences, the following questions will ignite curiosity, and entertainment around the flickering flames.
1. Have you been camping before?
2. Where do you buy your camping gear?
3. What was the most expensive thing you brought camping?
4. Did you bring a blow-up mattress or are you sleeping on the ground?
5. What has been your best camping experience?
6. What has been your worst camping experience?
7. Where is your favorite place to camp?
8. How often do you go camping?
9. Did you camp as a child?
10. Do you always have smores on your camping adventures?
11. Have you been camping in the winter?
12. Are you good at cooking over a fire?
13. What is your favorite camping food?
14. What are your go-to camping snacks?
15. Have you had a raccoon steal food from you?
16. Do you mind if you have to go to the bathroom in the bushes?
17. Do you plan your camping trips well in advance or are they last-minute adventures?
18. Have you been camping and had it rain the whole time?
19. Have you been camping during a tornado?
20. What is a camping must-have?
21. Have you thought about buying a trailer instead of camping in a tent?
22. Do you always rent a camping spot at a park, or have you gone out into the middle of the woods and camped?
23. Have you struggled to get your tent up in the past?
24. Have you had a wild animal break into your tent while camping?
25. What is your favorite camping activity?
Campfire Questions About the Outdoors
Embrace the spirit of adventure with our fun camping questions about the outdoors.
The following campfire topics will have you discuss your favorite season for this activity, wildlife encounters, breathtaking landscapes, and more!
26. What is the scariest animal you have encountered in the wild?
27. What is your favorite season to go camping?
28. Do you get a little scared a night?
29. Do you like to camp around other people or be completely in the bush?
30. What is the worst weather you have gotten caught in camping?
31. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
32. What is your favorite smell while camping?
33. Have you ever been genuinely scared in the woods?
34. Have you peed in the woods?
35. Do you like to splash around in creeks?
36. Do you like to be alone while going for a walk in nature?
37. Do the bugs bother you?
38. What is something strange that you have seen, and still can’t explain while being in the great outdoors?
39. Do you like to catch and forage your own food?
40. Do you know which plants are safe to eat?
41. Do you know the local birds and wildlife in your area?
42. Do you like sleeping outside?
43. Do you consider stargazing one of your hobbies?
44. Do you own a telescope?
45. How often do you get out into nature throughout the week?
46. If you could live in a cabin in the woods would you do it?
47. Is there anything about nature that freaks you out?
48. What is a weird-looking animal you hope to never run into while in the woods?
49. What is an adorable animal that you hope to cross paths with?
50. Do you use bug spray?
51. Have you been bitten by a spider while camping?
52. Have you had to hang your food in a tree to keep bears away?
Funny Campfire Questions
Get ready to crack up and enjoy some lighthearted moments with our funny questions to ask around a campfire.
These quirky and hilarious prompts will have everyone around the fire roaring with laughter and sharing their most entertaining stories.
53. Have you stepped in bear poop?
54. Have you heard a campfire story that actually scared you?
55. Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse?
56. If you were to survive, what would be your weapon of choice?
57. Would you rather hike a mountain on a really hot day or go full speed down a steep hill with lots of bumps on your bike?
58. What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you while camping?
59. Have you ever injured yourself while camping doing something really stupid?
60. What do you think would be the worst place to camp, and why?
61. Have you stunk out your tent mates with a fart?
62. Do you still scroll social media while camping?
63. What is the worst food to bring camping?
64. What is the worst type of person to bring camping?
65. If animals were able to talk, which one would you hope to meet in the woods while camping?
66. Could you survive a weekend without toilet paper?
67. Could you survive a weekend without your phone?
68. If you had to pick between toilet paper and your phone, which would you choose?
69. If you could bite a mosquito back, would you do it?
70. What’s the worst part of camping?
71. What is one luxury item that you will not give up even while camping?
72. If you had to survive in the woods what is one thing society deems appropriate behavior that you would immediately stop doing?
73. Any poop-related camping stories to get off your chest?
Weird Campfire Questions
Embrace the strange and unusual by asking weird questions around the campfire.
Get into the depths of your imagination, contemplate the unexplained, and surprise your friends with these intriguing and unexpected prompts.
74. What is your favorite pooping position?
75. What is a weird talent that you have that others find entertaining?
76. Is there a celebrity that you want to fall off face of Earth?
77. Which business or corporation do you hope goes bankrupt?
78. If you were to meet a clone of yourself, do you think you would recognize yourself?
79. Have you ever taken the stem off a cherry with your tongue?
80. Have you regifted a gift to the person who gave it to you by accident?
81. Have you lied about your age?
82. Have you lied about your weight?
83. What is a superpower that sounds awful?
84. Do you use your phone while sitting on the toilet?
85. What is something that is normal to do occasionally but really weird to do regularly?
86. Are you known for not returning things you borrow?
87. Do you get nervous when people unexpectedly knock on your door?
88. What do you think fish think about?
89. Do you look at your toilet when you stand up from it?
90. Why do you think no one has made mouse-flavored cat food?
91. What song gets stuck in your head regularly?
92. What is a normal place for everyone else, but feels magical to you?
Deep Campfire Questions
Fun fact: Camping can be therapeutic.
So why not add more depth to this activity by igniting meaningful discussions with the following campfire conversation starters?
Explore life’s big questions, personal philosophies, and profound experiences as you share your thoughts and opinions with those around you.
93. What has been a defining moment in your life?
94. What is a service you pay for that you could not imagine living without?
95. What is your motivation to work hard?
96. If you could hire a personal chef, would you?
97. Do you think you are good at reading people’s emotions?
98. What is something that makes you really angry?
99. Who do you consider to be a hero?
100. What is your favorite book?
101. What are you afraid of?
102. Would you rather have your dream job or win the lottery?
103. What are you the most thankful for about your life?
104. Do you think your best days are ahead or behind you?
105. What is a quality that you admire in people?
106. What is a quality that someone may have that you immediately lose respect for them?
107. Do you share your passwords with your partner?
108. Have you seen a UFO?
109. Have you made an innocent mistake that ended up having serious consequences?
110. Do you go through your partner’s phone?
111. Have you developed feelings for a character in a book you read?
112. Are there any names that you no longer like because you met someone terrible with that name?
113. What is the most messed up conspiracy theory that you have ever heard?
114. Have you ever worked till burn out?
115. What is a concept that you just can’t wrap your mind around?
116. What was the last thing that made you cry?
117. What is a goal you are currently working towards?
118. Do you feel misunderstood a lot?
119. Do you have any irrational fears?
110. Do you keep a journal?
111. What is something exciting that has happened to you recently?
112. What is a big struggle that you have overcome?
113. Do you go to church?
114. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
115. What is something you want to do before you die?
Campfire Questions for Adults
For the grown-ups around the fire, the following campfire questions for adults offer a chance to engage in thought-provoking discussions and share insights about life, love, and everything in between.
116. Do you find yourself gossiping often?
117. Have you said something about someone that you immediately regretted?
118. What is something you wish people knew about you?
119. Do you think people get the wrong impression of you?
110. Have you cheated on someone before?
111. What is the worst thing you have ever done to someone else?
112. Have you ghosted a friend before?
113. Have you pretended to like someone in the past, so you didn’t hurt their feelings?
114. What is the drunkest you have ever been?
115. Have you been homeless?
116. What is a relationship dealbreaker for you?
117. Have you touched something you weren’t supposed to while visiting a museum?
118. Have you ruined someone’s surprise party?
119. Do you collect anything?
110. What would you do if you got locked in a mall overnight?
111. Do you attend family reunions?
112. Do you sing in the shower?
113. If you found a wallet full of money, would you keep it or return it to the owner?
114. What is the rudest thing you have said to someone?
115. What is something gross that you do?
116. Have you lost a lot of money gambling?
117. Have you cut a friend out of your life with no explanation?
118. Have you heard a rumor about yourself that you thought was really good?
119. Have you bailed mid-date before?
110. Have you called in sick to work even though you were not sick?
111. Have you broken something in a store and put it back on the shelf?
112. If you could get away with robbing a bank, would you do it?
And that’s it campers- we hoped our campfire questions added a bit of fun and entertainment to your outdoor escapades.
Feel free to share your favorite question or camping experiences in the comments below.
Our Vacation Games
- Beach Games For Adults
- Boat Party Games
- Camping Games For Adults
- Car Games For Adults
- Campfire Questions
- Camping Questions
- Camping Trivia Quiz
- Cocktail Party Games for Adults
- Football Games For Adults
- Pool Games For Adults
- Scary Campfire Stories
- Conversation Starters
- Music Quizzes
- Trivia Quizzes
- Fun Games
Is there a themed quiz you’d like us to make? Tell us in the comments or contact us.