Line the tequila up, it’s time to play truth or drink questions for couples! Tequila not your style? No problem. Pour the vodka or rum instead.
Our truth or shot questions are divided up into sections featuring funny truth or drink questions for couples, personal truth or shot questions for couples, truth or drink questions about family, relationship truth or drink questions, and finally deep truth or drink questions!
This guide can be used as truth or drink questions for new couples on date nights who are getting to know each other a little better and established/married couples looking to spice things up.
To play, you simply ask – truth or drink? Each players decides if they want to answer a truth question or take a shot. Or you can do it in reverse where the truth is asked and the player decides to answer or take a drink instead.
If you want to add more pressure to the following drinking games questions, use a rapid fire timer to cut down the thinking time and add a forfeit such as ten star jumps or two fingers of a drink if the player goes over. You’ll need a long drink as well as a shot for the latter.
This list of drinking questions for couples can also be used for truth or drink beer pong where the truth is added to the bottom of the cup.
Note: There are a lot of questions! Feel free to split up the sections and discuss them over different sessions.
You may also like our list of 101 Fun Questions For Couples, 161 Anniversary Questions for Couples, and Kiss, Marry, Kill Game.
Best Truth or Drink For Couples Questions
To create some consistency, the following questions have been written as if there is a host so the questions that address the couple read as ‘your’ and not ‘our’.
However, we acknowledge it is unlikely there is a third wheel joining in your truth or drink questions for adults!
Or is there? Tell us in the comments.
Funny Truth or Drink Questions For Couples
Let’s kick off this game with a light-hearted round which will break the ice and hopefully provide a few laughs.
1. When you go swimming do you pee in the pool?
2. What movie do you quote or reference most? Share the quote.
3. What is your go-to karaoke song?
4. Do you pee in the shower?
5. What is the weirdest dream you have ever had?
6. Have you ever eaten your pet’s food? If yes, what?
7. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done at work?
8. If you could turn into any animal for 24 hours what animal would you turn into?
9. What is your favorite joke?
10. If you could time travel to any decade, past or future, where would you go?
11. Where is the worst place/situation you’ve needed to fart?
12. Have you ever vomited at an inappropriate time? Share the story.
13. Who is the last call you ignored?
14. Who is the last person you private messaged and what did it say?
15. How many days would you wear a pair of underwear without washing them in between?
16. What is the longest you have gone without showering?
You may also pair these questions with our list of this or that questions for couples.
Personal Truth or Shot Questions For Couples
Next, we’re going to get a little deeper by asking more personal questions without digging too much.
17. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever put in your mouth?
18. Have you ever been arrested?
19. When was the last time you doubted yourself?
20. What is your first memory?
21. What was the scariest moment of your life?
22. How many people have you been in love with?
23. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
24. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
25. What activity brings you the most joy?
26. Would a five-year-old you be happy with who you are today?
27. What is the first thing you would grab in a fire?
28. If you could choose to never see one person again, who would it be?
29. If you could only see only one person for the rest of your life who would it be?
30. What is your guilty pleasure?
31. What is your most interesting party story.
32. What is your favorite memory?
33. When was the last time you cried? Why?
34. Who is your best friend?
35. What do you like about your job?
36. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
37. What did you want to be when you grew up?
38. If you could have any job in the world, what would you do?
39. If you could have lunch with one celebrity dead or alive, who would it be?
40. Do you like your boss?
41. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would that be?
42. What musical instrument have you always wanted to learn how to play?
43. What food could you eat for every meal?
44. If you could swap places with one person for a day, who would you swap places with?
45. If you could play one sport professionally, what would you play?
46. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
47. What is a holiday you try to avoid?
You may also like our list of date night questions for married couples.
Truth or Drink Questions About Family
Truth or drink questions about family will address your thoughts on what family is while providing opportunities to discuss your upbringing.
48. Do you want to have kids?
49. Which of your parents is your favorite?
50. What was the best thing about your house growing up?
52. What was the worst thing about your house growing up?
60. If you could only see one of your siblings again, who would you choose?
61. If your family moved away, would you move with them?
62. What is one thing that your parents did for you that made you who you are today?
63. What kind of people would you hope your kids will turn out to be?
64. Could you see yourself starting a family with your current partner? Why?
65. Have you ever stolen anything from your parents? What was it? Why did you take it?
66. What is the biggest secret you kept from your family when you were growing up?
67. What is something you could tell your family right now?
68. What is your least favorite thing about family gatherings?
69. What is your favorite thing about family gatherings?
Relationship Truth or Drink Questions
Oooo, it’s time for spicy truth or drink questions couples!
This section can get a little white-knuckle but you might be pretty loose by now if you’ve chosen a shot over truth questions in the previous sections!
You can also pair this up with some never have I ever questions for couples.
70. What physical feature of your partners is your favorite?
71. What physical feature of your partners is your least favorite?
72, What is your favorite thing about your relationship?
73. What is one thing you would change about your relationship?
74. What was your worst break-up ever?
75. Is there an ex that you would ever go back to if given the chance?
76. Who was the first person you loved?
77. Share a dating app story.
78. Do you like your partner more now or when you first started dating?
79. What would make you break up with your partner immediately?
80. What is your ideal partner?
81. Are there any exes that you still talk to?
82. What is your partner’s ideal date?
83. Partner, what is your ideal date? Do they match…
84. If you had to describe your partner in one word what would that word be?
85. Have you ever felt “stuck” in your relationship? Why?
86. If you and your partner could trade places for a day, what would you do?
87. Are you proud of your partner or do you wish they would do more?
88. How quickly would you feel comfortable finding a new partner if your relationship ended?
89. Have you ever had a crush with someone that never panned out?
90. What is the worst date that you have ever been on?
91. What is the best date you’ve ever been on?
92. What has been your longest relationship? What do you think made it last?
93. Have you ever kept one of your previous partners a secret from your friends and family?
If you like this round, you might also want to try our This or That Questions.
Deep Truth or Drink Questions
Next up in our couples truth or drink game are the questions that are little more thought provoking.
Remember to refill the shot glasses. Maybe drink some water too…
94. How would you spend your last day on Earth?
95. What was the last thing that made you cry? Why?
96. Do you think your parents are proud of you?
97. What is your biggest fear?
98. What hobby would you like to do but never get around to it?
99. Are you proud of yourself?
100. What do you think your biggest flaw is?
101. What’s the biggest white lie/fib you have ever told your partner?
102. Do you have an addiction that you hide from your partner?
103. If you could only have time alone or time with your partner, which would you choose?
104. What is one thing you have never said out loud before?
105. If you won the lottery tomorrow what would you do with the money?
106. If you suddenly become extremely wealthy overnight would you stay with your partner?
107. Have you ever had your heart broken? Has it been mended or is it still broken?
108. What is one thing you’ve done that you are ashamed of?
109. What is the biggest sacrifice you have made in your life?
110. What is your biggest regret in life and what would you do to fix it?
111. If you could only save one person from a burning building would you save your mother or your partner?
112. What is the most meaningful piece of advice that you have ever received?
113. What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received?
114. If you could only do one thing on your bucket list, what would it be?
115. What experiences would you try if you knew there would be no legal or health repercussions?
116. What would you never want your partner to see you do?
If you could handle the heat of this round, check out Kiss, Marry, Kill next!
You may like our other games and quizzes too.
Did you survive the night of truth or drink with your partner? Would you like use to make any other games? Contact us or tell us in the comments.