Calling all sons and daughters, it’s time to celebrate the amazing bond we share with our moms!
Mothers are the superheroes in our lives, with an uncanny ability to provide love, support, and endless wisdom.
In this article, we’re diving into the world of meaningful and playful questions to ask your mom, creating moments of joy and connection that will strengthen your relationship like never before.
From reminiscing about her childhood adventures to understanding her perspective on your shared experiences, these questions will take you on a delightful journey of discovery.
Prepare to be regaled with stories that will make you laugh, cry, and appreciate the extraordinary woman who raised you.
Plus, these are perfect questions to ask mom on Mother’s Day.
So grab a cup of tea, find a cozy spot, and get ready to ask your mama these entertaining queries and honor their existence in our lives.
You may also want to use our list of questions for moms along with our list of family-oriented quizzes like questions for grandma, questions to ask your dad, and married couples questions.
Questions to Ask Your Mom About Their Childhood
Step back in time and ask your mom about her own childhood adventures, embarrassing moments, and favorite memories.
In the following list of questions about your mom, get ready for some delightful storytelling and a deeper understanding of what shaped her into the amazing mom she is today!
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. Do you think you had a good childhood?
3. What was your favorite meal?
4. What was your chosen treat?
5. Where did you live?
6. Where did you go to school?
7. How many pets did you have?
8. Who were your childhood friends?
9. Who was your best friend?
10. Who was your favorite teacher?
11. Did you play outside a lot?
12. Did you join any clubs in school?
13. Did you play sports?
14. Did you read a lot of books?
15. Did you stay at your grandparent’s house?
15. Were holidays celebrated?
17. What holiday was your favorite?
18. How did you celebrate your birthdays?
19. Were your parents strict?
20. Do you remember some chores you had to do?
21. What was the punishment when you were in trouble?
22. Did you like school?
23. What subject were you really good at in school?
24. What subject were you not particularly good at in school?
25. Did you get into trouble as a teenager?
26. What was your first job?
27. Did you buy your first car?
28. What kind of car did you buy?
29. Did you wear fashionable clothes as a teen?
30. What did you want to be when you grew up?
31. Did you want to have kids?
32. How much did you weigh when you were born?
33. Did you learn how to ride a bike?
34. What is something that scared you as a kid?
35. Who did you look up to when you were young?
36. What hobbies did you have as a kid?
37. Did you have family traditions that you really loved?
Questions to Ask Your Mom About You
It can’t be denied that mothers play an important responsibility in the family- especially in raising their children.
Now, it’s time to ask your mom questions about you, her child!
From hilarious incidents you’ve long forgotten to heartwarming stories of your upbringing, this list of questions to ask your mom about yourself is all about discovering how she perceives and cherishes your shared experiences.
38. Was I a planned pregnancy?
39. Were you really sick while pregnant?
40. Did you think I was going to be the gender that I am/was assigned at birth?
41. Do you remember the first time you saw me?
42. What is your favorite story to tell about me as a baby?
43. Was I spoiled as a child?
44. What was my first word?
45. What was the first solid food I enjoyed?
46. What was your favorite thing to do with me as a child?
47. What is the most memorable thing I have done for you?
48. Have I turned out the way you thought I would?
49. Do you think I am a good person?
50. Do you think I will make a good parent?
51. Was I a good student?
52. Did you like my childhood friends?
53. What scared you the most about having a baby?
54. What qualities did I inherit from you?
55. What qualities did I inherit from dad/mom?
56. What are the three words that describe me best?
57. Was I an easy baby?
58. What kind of cravings did you have while pregnant with me?
59. Did I do anything as a child that really annoyed you?
60. Did I cry on my first day of school?
61. Did you cry on my first day of school?
62. Did I get into a lot of trouble in school?
63. Was I a messy teenager?
64. Was there ever a point when I was a teenager when you were concerned about my well-being?
65. What kind of games did you play with me?
66. What was my favorite candy when I was a kid?
67. What is something you wish we had done together when I was little?
68. Did you dress up for Halloween to take me trick or treating?
Funny Questions to Ask Your Mom
Unleash the laughter with this round of funny things to ask your mom specially designed to tickle her sense of humor.
Prepare for witty responses, hilarious anecdotes, and a lighthearted bonding experience that will leave both of you in stitches.
69. Do you like my other parent or the pet more?
70. Have you farted in public and blamed one of your kids?
71. What is the most illegal thing you have done?
72. Tell us a story that made you double over laughing.
73. What is a conspiracy theory that you think could have some truth?
74. What is the weirdest thing you have ever smelled?
75. Do you think people who put pineapple on their pizza belong in prison?
76. What is the funniest joke you know?
77. If you could talk to animals, which one would you want to talk to first?
78. If you were invisible for a day what is the first thing you would do?
79. Where is the strangest place you have gone to the bathroom?
80. Which body part do you wish you could detach and reattach as you please?
81. What is something that you do that others might consider a bit trashy?
82. Do you give people nicknames that they don’t know about?
83. What is the funniest name someone has called you?
84. What is the worst name you could give a child, in your opinion?
85. What is the weirdest law of which you have heard?
86. What would be the worst thing to buy as a buy-one-get-one-free deal?
87. If you could rename peanut butter, what would you call it?
88. What sport would be way better if the players got a little tipsy before playing?
89. What is something that would make someone else uncomfortable if you said it to them while riding an elevator?
90. What is something that is ok to do occasionally but not ok to do regularly?
91. If I called you to bail me out of jail, what would you think I had done?
92. What is a current trend that you are hoping fades out quickly?
93. Would you prefer to know what a butterfly is thinking or know where a bird is going to poop in advance?
Is your mother your bestie? Pair up this list of questions to ask Mom with our set of things to ask your best friend.
Hard Questions to Ask Your Mom
Challenge your mom’s knowledge with this round of hard-hitting questions to ask your mother that will put her on the spot.
From trivia about her unforgettable memories to asking her about the values she upholds, be ready for some surprising answers and a chance to appreciate the depths of your mom’s expertise!
94. Do you want to be cremated or buried?
95. When you were my age, what vision did you have for your life?
96. Have you made a mistake during your life that you still regret?
97. What are you the most afraid of?
98. What is the hardest lesson you have had to learn?
99. What is a value that you tried to instill in me, but I never picked it up?
100. If you didn’t have kids, what do you think your life would look like?
101. If you were on life support with no chance of recovering, would you want us to keep you alive or let you go?
102. What is something that you think is valuable that we have lost as a species?
103. Do you believe that your dreams are your subconscious communicating with you?
104. Do you think that we live many lives or only one?
105. What is something you want people to remember about you after you are gone?
106. What do you believe happens after we die?
107. What dreams have you had to sacrifice for your family?
108. Do you know when your children are in pain?
109. Have you ever felt deep sadness during your lifetime?
110. Did you feel isolated as a new mom?
111. What has been a devastating loss for you?
112. Do you think you are a good person?
113. What are some of your deepest beliefs about yourself?
114. Have you been to therapy?
115. What is your definition of happiness?
116. Has there ever been a time when you wanted to run away and start again?
117. What do you think the meaning of life is?
118. Do you wish you had one more baby?
119. What is something that genuinely made your heart hurt?
120. Do you think you have been successful in your life?
121. Did you struggle with postpartum depression?
Random Questions to Ask Your Mom
With this round of random but good questions to ask your mom, let curiosity take the lead and explore a wide range of topics with your mother.
From hypothetical scenarios to her secret dreams and guilty pleasures, get ready for an unpredictable and fascinating conversation that reveals even more about your mom’s unique personality.
122. What are your guilty pleasures?
123. If you could have any career in the world, what would you choose?
124. If you could choose to paint the house whatever color you want, what would you choose?
125. Am I your favorite?
126. What is your favorite food?
127. What is your favorite type of movie to watch?
128. What was the last movie you watched that you didn’t like very much?
129. What is your least favorite food?
130. How often do you go shopping?
131. What is your least favorite house chore?
132. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
133. What is something you do to feel feminine/confident?
134. What is the fanciest hotel you have ever stayed at?
135. Have you broken the law?
136. Have you accidentally stolen something?
137. What is a skill you wish you had?
138. Who is someone you look up to?
139. What hobbies do you enjoy the most?
140. Do you think social media is a good thing?
141. Where do you see yourself in five years?
142. Has anyone written you a song?
143. Have you been on TV before?
144. What is the biggest thing you have won in a contest?
145. What is your favorite thing to snack on?
146. What is a bad habit you have that you wish to change?
147. Do you know how to use power tools?
148. How many concerts have you been to?
149. What is your favorite sport?
150. Have you been part of a sports team?
151. What is something about traveling that annoys you?
152. Where do you plan to travel within the next year?
153. Do you follow anyone on social media that inspires you?
154. What are your pet peeves?
155. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
156. Have you considered selling your house and living in an RV?
157. If money weren’t an option, what big purchase would you make?
158. Do you like the house you live in?
159. Have you been stung by a bee, tell us the story?
160. What is your favorite part of the summer?
161. What vacation do you enjoy the most?
162. What was the last show you watched?
As we wrap up this exciting game of questions to ask a mom, we hope it provided you with delightful memories and a deeper connection with your mother.
Share your favorite moments and experiences from the game in the comments below, and let’s celebrate the incredible moms in our lives together!
You may like our other games and quizzes too.