This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
If you’re married, you know that there’s always more to learn about your spouse.
Whether you’re going on a date night, a party or just hanging out at home, there’s always an opportunity to deepen your connection and get to know each other better.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of married couple questions- ranging from funny questions to ask married couples to a deeper and more personal list of questions for married couples.
We also included relationship questions to ask a couple, questions to ask a husband or wife, and a list of questions for married couples who have been together for 50 years.
There are many ways to play our married couple questions game: you can directly ask your partner one question and then let them ask you another or you could invite a third party to ask you a question each.
Alternatively, you can use an online randomizer to pick out questions- and if you’re feeling fancy or want to put on a bit of a show, consider a wheel spinner to choose a topic!
Table of Contents
- Funny Married Couples Questions
- Romantic Questions for Married Couples
- Relationship Questions for Married Couples
- Interesting Questions to Ask Your Husband
- Interesting Questions to Ask Your Wife
- Deep Questions to Ask Married Couples
- Relationship Questions for Married Couples Game
- Questions to Ask Couples Married for 50 Years
- More Games For Couples
Funny Married Couples Questions
Couples often find themselves asking each other all sorts of personal questions- but what about those goofy, off-the-wall ones that are just for fun?
That’s where our list of funny questions for couples comes in!
The following are great ice breaker questions for married couples who want something lighthearted but entertaining.
For some fun date night questions for married couples, read our 101 questions for couples guide.
1. What movie character best describes your partner?
2. Who farts the loudest?
3. Does your partner have any habits that drive you crazy?
4. Who would you want to play your spouse in a TV show?
5. What reality show do you think your partner could win?
6. If you won the lottery, what is the most elaborate thing that you would buy your partner?
7. If animals could talk, which one do you think your partner would get along best with and why?
8. What movie title best describes your relationship?
9. Share a funny story about your partner from your first year of dating.
10. Which cartoon character would your partner be?
11. If you could travel back in time, what time period would you go to as a couple?
12. What Disney couple do you think you are the most similar to, and why?
13. Who would you rather have your children look like you or your partner?
14. You’ve got a free pass! If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would it be?
15. If you were given a lifetime supply of anything of your choosing to make your relationship smooth, what would it be?
16. Which partners hogs the bed the most?
17. What is the worst meal your partner has cooked?
18. Share a phrase you both say.
19. Of all the people you know, who would you least like to see successful?
20. If you were given three wishes, what are they?
21. What is a luxury item you wish you could have but will probably not be able to afford?
22. How would you celebrate your spouse’s next birthday if money wasn’t a problem?
23. If you could pick a new last name for you both what would it be?
Romantic Questions for Married Couples
What’s a married couples questions game without anything about romance?
The following list of romantic questions to ask your spouse is sure to spark enjoyable and meaningful discussions.
These could also work as road trip questions for married couples if you’re looking for some nice topics to discuss on your long car journeys.
24. What part of your marriage vows do you think is the most important?
25. What are three things you adore about your partner?
26. Describe your perfect date night.
27. What do you think of PDA?
28. What is the first thing your partner did to surprise you? It can be something small but significant!
29. Big spoon or wee spoon?
30. Describe an outfit your partner has worn that you still think about.
31. What is the most romantic thing you have done for your partner?
32. Where did you have your first kiss?
33. Was your first kiss what you expected it to be?
34. How did you know this relationship was different from others?
35. What is your favorite thing that your partner does for you?
36. Do you wish you would have met earlier in life or a little later?
37. What does your partner do to show they are thinking about you during the day?
38. What is your partner’s best feature?
39. What do you see yourself and your spouse doing in 10 years?
Find more questions like these in our list of romantic questions for couples.
Relationship Questions for Married Couples
Whether you’re trying to gain a better understanding of your partner or just looking for some pleasant conversation topics for married couples, the following list of relationship questions for couples can help you get started.
You may also like our list of never have I ever questions for couples.
40. Was it love at first sight?
41. Who asked who out on your first date?
42. How did you celebrate your first anniversary?
43. What is your favorite couple tradition?
44. What has been the most challenging thing you have overcome as a couple?
45. How do you actively work on keeping the romance alive in your relationship?
46. What was the biggest argument that you have ever had, and how did you resolve it?
47. If you were to go to couples counseling, who would suggest it?
48. Was there anything you found out about your partner after you started dating that took you by surprise?
49. Where do you see your relationship in two years, five years, and twenty years?
50. What are you the most excited about when it comes to your relationship?
You may also like our list of this or that questions for adults.
Interesting Questions to Ask Your Husband
Think you know everything about your husband?
Here are a few questions that might give you some insight into what he’s thinking (or not thinking) about.
51. Finish the sentence; a perfect spouse is one who ___?
52. Who is better looking, you or your partner?
53. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
54. What is your nickname for your partner?
55. What was the worst phase of your life?
56. If you could get rid of one law, what would it be?
57. When during your life have you felt the most alive?
58. What is the most humiliating thing to have happened to you?
59. Describe your dream home.
60. What would it be if you had only one movie to watch for the rest of your life?
61. Do you prefer your partner to make you breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
62. If you were given the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go and why?
63. If you could pick a friend to switch lives with, who would you pick, and why?
64. If you were to have children would you prefer all girls or all boys?
65. Could you live in a tiny house or an RV for a year?
66. What is the oddest food combination you have ever eaten or would like to try?
67. What would be something you would do if you were elected president?
Celebrating your anniversary soon? Try our anniversary questions for couples.
Interesting Questions to Ask Your Wife
Looking for some fun questions to ask your wife?
Here are a few questions that will help you get to know her better.
68. What is the best thing about being married to your partner?
69. Is there a dish your husband makes that you don’t like?
70. What are three countries you would like to visit in the next five years?
71. Is there a holiday that you could live without?
72. What is your biggest fear, and why?
73. What is the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
74. Do you judge people by how they dress?
75. What has been the highest point in your life so far?
76. Describe a guilty pleasure your spouse doesn’t know about.
77. What is the biggest struggle you have overcome?
78. Is there anything that you have done in the past that you wish you could do over?
79. Does your partner have any traits or annoying habits you wish you could change?
80. What would break your heart?
81. What is the wildest thing you have done on vacation, and would you do it again?
82. Is there something legal that you feel should be illegal?
83. What is something you have always wished you could do but have never gotten around to?
84. If you were given the chance to spend the day with any famous person, who would it be and why?
You may also like our list of questions to ask mothers.
Deep Questions to Ask Married Couples
Want questions that can start an insightful conversation with your significant other?
Or maybe you’re wondering what questions to ask your spouse to improve your marriage?
Check out the following list of questions for spouses that can help you take your casual date or pillow talks to a deeper level.
85. What is your love language?
86. Did you have a teacher as a child that impacted your life while growing up?
87. If you could change anything that happened in your childhood, what would it be, and why?
88. What is something that you are afraid of?
89. Do you think everyone has one soulmate?
90. Tell me about your first breakup.
91. Do you have any people from your past that you wish you had stayed in contact with?
92. What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
93. Have you ever taken a significant risk, and what was the outcome?
94. If you could ask a psychic a question about your future, what would it be?
95. What makes you feel strong?
96. What are you most grateful for?
97. Are you selfish about anything?
98. What character traits do you think you got from your parents?
99. If you could choose how you die, what would you choose and why?
100. What one thing would spice up your relationship?
101. What do you feel you are successful at?
102. What do you feel you have failed at?
103. Do we have a lot in common, or are we more opposites attract kind of couple?
104. What is your favorite memory of your time as a couple?
You may also like our list of clean would you rather questions.
Relationship Questions for Married Couples Game
Scroll down for some of the juiciest questions to ask couples- whether you’re having a game at a party or simply hanging out.
These are good questions to ask married couples as a fun way to know some interesting facts about their married life that they’re willing to share.
Pair it up with some good truth or dare questions for an extra thrill.
105. What is your biggest fear when it comes to your relationship, and what brings you the most joy?
106. Do you feel more connected now than you did earlier in your relationship?
107. How has your partner changed since you’ve been married?
108. When you think of your home, what comes to mind first?
109. What is the greatest anniversary gift you have received from your partner?
110. What little things does your partner do for you that make your days a little easier?
111. Name one behavior that makes you feel appreciated.
112. Would you call in sick of your partner wanted to take a vacation.
113. Have you ever checked your partner’s phone records.
114. Have you ever checked your partner’s inbox.
115. Do you prefer touch or affirmations?
116. Would an act of service make up for a fight?
Questions to Ask Couples Married for 50 Years
Almost everyone wants a marriage that lasts.
Whether it’s your parents celebrating their golden wedding anniversary or someone you know who’s been married for 50 years, the following q and a for couples will definitely have them share their wisdom and stories about what made their marriage work.
You can ask these questions along with some trivia for married couples using our list of 60s music quizzes.
117. Is there a secret to making a marriage work long-term?
118. What is your solution for getting over arguments?
119. When you first met, did you think you’d be together this long?
120. When did you realize you were in love?
121. How has love changed over the years?
122. What was your first impression of one another?
123. What was your song when you first started dating?
124. What song from last year reminds you of your partner?
125. What was your favorite anniversary celebration?
126. Is there anything you have done in your relationship that you regret?
127. What was the best phase of your relationship?
128. Name one thing you wish you did together.
129. If somewhere were to make a movie about your life together, would it be a romantic comedy or a drama?
130. Is there anything about your spouse that you would have liked to have known at the start of your marriage?
131. Are you still attracted to each other after all these years?
132. What is the most romantic thing you have done as a couple?
133. What memory of you two makes you laugh whenever you think of it?
134. What would you tell yourselves on your wedding day?
So whether you’re just starting out in your married life or you’ve been married for years, the questions we listed are great conversation starters for married couples and will help you learn new and interesting things about your spouse.
What’s the hardest question to answer? The easiest? Tell us in the comments.
More Games For Couples
- Games for Couples
- Married Couple Questions
- Date Night Questions for Married Couples
- Anniversary Questions for Couples
- Truth or Drink Questions For Couples
- Truth or Dare Questions Over Text for Couples
- Dares for Couples
- Dares To Do Over Text
- Never Have I Ever Questions for Couples
- Would Your Rather Questions for Couples
- This or That Questions for Couples
- Rapid Fire Questions for Couples
- Road Trip Games for Couples
- Wedding Conversation Starters